Projects (NICRA, ARYA)
Attracting Rural Youth in Agriculture (ARYA):
The project is operational in KVKs ofNayagarh, Puri, Ganjam-I and Sambalpur. The main objective of the project to attract and empower the youth and rural areas to take up various agriculture, allied and service sector enterprises for sustainable income and gainful employment in the districts. Some of the enterprises like mushroom, fish production with fish seed, apiary, goatery, poultry and horticulture nursery are taken in the enterprise domain of the project.
National Innovations in Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA):
The project is operational in KVKs of Kendrapada, Ganjam-I, Kalahandi, Bhadrak, Puri, Jagtsinghpur, Dhenkanal, Keonjhar and Bolangir. The main objective is to enhance the resilience of agriculture by covering crops, livestock and fisheries to climate variability & climate change through development & application of improved production & risk management technologies and to demonstrate site specific technologies on farmers’ field to reduce climate risks. Integrated packages of proven technology are demonstrated for adoption and mitigation of crop and livestock production system to climate variability. All these are demonstrated through 4 modules viz. Natural Resource Management, Crop Production, Livestocks& Fisheries and Institutional Intervention.
The Project entitled “Building Climate Resilience of Indian small holders through Sustainable intensification and Agro-ecological Farming Systems to strengthen Food and Nutritional Security (RESILIENCE) are operational in four clustersviz.Ganjam-I, Ganjam-II, Nayagarh and Kandhamal under the Directorate of Extension Education since 2018-19 with funding support from Norway Govt.
- Assessment of biophysical and socioeconomic vulnerabilities to climate change with respect to agriculture food security
- Mapping the agro-ecological zones, challenges and potentials in the project areas
- Identifying and implementing most suitable climate resilient/ Climate Smart Agriculture measures
- Need-based capacity building and dissemination-targeted stakeholdersincluding women and youth
- Strengthening the value chains, promoting rural bio-economy and job creation, and active science-policy dialogue
- Engaging key stakeholders from the onset of the project