The College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (popularly known earlier as Odisha Veterinary College) was established in the year 1955 at Mangalabag, Cuttack under administrative control of Utkal University. The present campus of the College was established in Bhubaneswar on 2nd January 1960. The first batch of students from this college passed out in the year 1959-60. Subsequently, it was affiliated to Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology after establishment of this 2nd oldest State Agriculture University of the country in the year 1962. Thereafter, it was renamed as College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.
Currently, the College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry is imparting five and half year degree course to the enrolling students who get admission after completion of +2 Science or equivalent. More than 2775 students have successfully completed B.V.Sc. and A.H. course from this college since inception.In addition, higher courses leading to Master (M.V.Sc) and Doctoral (Ph.D) degree are also imparted to the students. Students after passing from this college have created a special status in multifarious fields such as academics, research, extension, pharmaceuticals, public health, conservation of animals especially endangered species etc. besides other public and private sector organization including RVC (Remount Veterinary Corps), Ministry of Defense.Read More